What is carousel content? A content carousel is a type of content on social media that is in the form of slides and is interactive. Carousels can help you promote a more attractive business and increase engagement. Find the ideas, steps, and tips for creating an Instagram carousel below.
1. Create Story Concepts for Carousel Content
The concept of story or storytelling is one type of popular content that can touch the audience’s emotional side. Storytelling content usually contains personal stories, such as daily life, problems related to products as solutions, to inspiring brand history. Storytelling makes the audience feel closer to the brand.
Using the concept of storytelling in a carousel format will make the audience feel curious and slide each slide to the end to find out the general information. The more interesting the story you offer, the audience will feel at home in the content for a long time. They will not hesitate to give likes, and comments, re-share content, to make product purchases.
2. Organize Content Based on Story Concept
To ensure the carousel you create can convey a complete message and invite interaction, you need to structure its content first. In the first image that appears on the Instagram feed, provide an image or video with a theme that matches the tone of your Instagram feed. The first content must be able to represent the core of the story. At the same time, the following content contains content that supports the main level. In the end, you can provide solutions, questions, and a call to action.
For example, you want to create storytelling about a beauty brand. You can start from the content behind the brand’s presence, the year it was founded, the people behind the scenes, the most memorable moments, the product creation, the materials used, and more.
3. Put the Most Interesting Photo/Video on the First Slide
To attract the audience’s attention and invite curiosity, the audience continues to slide the slide to the end, then place the most interesting photo or video on the first slide. For example, you talk about how to achieve a work-life balance. Place a photo of a woman standing balanced on a rope stretched at a height.
4. Apply Copywriting Techniques
In addition to images or videos, the text in each content slide must use copywriting techniques. Copywriting is a writing technique that can attract attention and represent the audience’s needs to persuade them to take action. For example, you want to provide an accessible cashier app solution for a grocery store. You can make the headline of the first image like “Is it possible to have a cash register with a smartphone? Can! Let’s find out here!”
5. Use Call to Action (CTA)
You can use a call to action (CTA) or a call to move the content of the first and last slide carousel. Create the content on the first slide that can take your audience to the next. At the same time, the CTA on the previous slide can contain a call to visit a URL.
You must ensure the recommended URL or page matches the call to action sentence. For example, when you want to direct consumers to learn more about a topic, navigate to a URL that contains information about that topic. Do not let you redirect to another page, such as a product purchase page. A URL that doesn’t match the CTA can leave your audience confused and even disappointed.
6. Vary Various Ideas for Carousel Content
Not only storytelling content you can also try other Instagram carousel content ideas, such as:
- Before after content means content that shows the results of using a product or service. The goal is to increase consumer confidence—for example, the content of using a blackhead mask. The first picture shows the skin on the nose of a blackhead. While the next picture shows the results after using a blackhead mask.
- Review content, which is content that reviews the product or service as a whole so that the audience can complete their curiosity and know the advantages of your product. To create this content, apart from creating your content, you can also collaborate with influencers or display testimonials from customers.
- Tutorial content is content that shows how to use something the audience can easily follow. For example, the steps for using the iReap cashier application.
- Product recommendation content, namely content that provides product recommendations that can solve consumer problems. For example, skincare recommendations that are safe for pregnant women.
- Behind-the-scenes content. This content shows the process of creating something; it can be a product, service, or even the creation of marketing content. For example, behind-the-scenes food photography content.
You have many ideas, steps, and tips for creating an Instagram carousel. Apply the steps in this article so that your promotion can increase sales at the same time. Don’t forget to apply the appropriate call to action, too. Here’s How to Use a Call to Action for Business Promotion.