What is the difference between TikTok Shop and TikTok Seller Center? The difference between TikTok Shop and TikTok Seller Center is TikTok Shop is for promotions and sales, and TikTok Seller Center is for managing stores and products on TikTok Shop. Read on for the full explanation and how to start selling on TikTok for beginners.
What’s the difference between TikTok Shop and TikTok Seller?
What is TikTok Shop?
TikTok Shop is an e-commerce feature found in the TikTok application. Through TikTok Shop, you can sell products from multiple sellers and earn commissions for each product sold.
You can sell your products. Just paste the product URL in the video content. Later the URL will appear in the video as a yellow basket icon.
What is TikTok Seller Center?
TikTok Shop Seller Center is a particular page provided by TikTok to manage the products you want to sell on your TikTok Shop account.
TikTok Seller Center has many exciting features, such as store operations management, market growth, performance analysis, policy updates, services, and customer engagement data.
The difference between TikTok Shop and TikTok Seller Center
So, the difference between TikTok Shop and TikTok Seller Center is that TikTok Shop is for promoting and selling products.
At the same time, TikTok Seller Center is a page on the TikTok Shop web for managing online stores (managing store operations and management) and managing products.
Easy Ways to Sell on TikTok Shop
Create a Business Account
If you don’t have a TikTok account, first create a TikTok for business account. To do this, open a personal TikTok account, click the three lines, then select account settings > manage account > switch to the business account.
Create a Shop on TikTok Seller Center
If you already have a business TikTok account, you can immediately create a shop on the TikTok Shop Seller Center using the following steps:
- Accessing https://seller-id.tiktok.com/register.
- Select Sign Up using your TikTok account or register using the email and phone number you use for your business TikTok account.
- After successfully logging in to the TikTok Seller Center, set the store’s address (where the courier picks up goods). Fill in the data in the form of a complete address, postal code, and contact person.
- Fill in the return address as well. If the address is the same as the store address, you can use that address by ticking set as a return address.
- Check the box regarding the terms and conditions.
- Press start your business.
Next, you will be asked to upload some personal documents and business documents (if you have a company in the form of a CV or PT) to verify. How to verify documents, namely:
- Go to the TikTok Shop Seller Center home page and select verify documents.
- In the seller’s information, a choice of the type of business you registered (individual or company) will appear.
- Choose the one that suits your business.
- Enter the name of the store you want to manage on TikTok Shop.
- Upload your ID card or passport for the type of business owned by an individual (individual).
- Upload some documents, such as a business license and official documentation from the government for the type of business in the form of a company.
- Press send after the document upload process is complete.
- TikTok will review your account once the documents have been successfully submitted.
- Wait for the verification result.
Add Bank Data and Account Number
You can add a bank account to your store. This is necessary so that you can transact on the TikTok Shop. Here’s how:
- Go to the TikTok Shop Seller Center homepage.
- Select link bank account.
- After success, select the link account.
- Enter data related to the bank account, starting from account name, bank name, account number, address, phone number, email, and other data.
- If an individual owns the business, your account name must match the name listed on the account.
- Meanwhile, if the business is a company, the store name must match the name of the registered company account.
- Complete the other required fields.
- When you are sure that all the data you have entered is correct, click send.
Wait for Account Confirmation from TikTok
Wait for the results of account verification in approximately seven working days (excluding Saturday, Sunday, and public holidays).
If the review fails (does not meet the requirements), you will receive an email notification regarding how to resend the required documents. Then if within seven working days you have not received the review results, you can contact the TikTok Shop Seller Center customer service.
Create a Product Catalog on TikTok Shop
You can start creating a product catalog if you have successfully registered with the TikTok Shop Seller Center.
Complete product data, including name, description, brand, category, dimensions and weight, selling price, and payment options. For example, bank transfers, e-wallets, Indomaret, and others.
The product catalog is ready, now is the time to promote your store and the products you offer. Create eye-catching video content.
Use storytelling and add exciting captions so TikTok users are curious. Don’t forget to use hashtags relevant to your store and popular hashtags that can push content into FYP TikTok.
You can add a custom tagline within the content that makes your store unique and memorable. For example, the slogan of Kak Jill’s curtain shop is often repeated: “10 waves right, 10 waves left” or “TikTok incense soup, Darling.”
In addition, also add a call to action (CTA) so that the audience who watches your content rushes to make a purchase.
Take advantage of TikTok Ads
So that more TikTok users get to know TikTok Shop and your business, try taking advantage of the TikTok ads feature that can help increase engagement and reach more potential customers. Some other benefits that you can get from TikTok ads, including:
- Allows your content to enter FYP or appear more frequently on TikTok users’ preferences.
- You will get insightful data related to customer habits, promotional content they like and ad serving results. You can analyze all this data for reference to create better promotional content in the future.
That’s the difference between TikTok Shop and TikTok Seller Center. TikTok Shop is a feature within the TikTok app that you can use to insert product URLs in your video content.
Meanwhile, TikTok Seller Center is a particular page provided by TikTok to manage your store and manage the products you want to sell. For those still confused about using TikTok ads, you should also read Easy Tips for Using TikTok Ads to Sell on TikTok.