To find business opportunities, you can look inside yourself first to see your knowledge and insights. Experience in the business world, market demand, research results, creativity and others. Come on, find out what business opportunities arise, the factors that influence business opportunities, and how to find business opportunities in this article.
What are the sources of business opportunities?
If you are wondering why do business opportunities arise? So the answers are many. Business opportunities arise because of the results of creativity, research results, knowledge and insight.
Even business opportunities can also come from work experience or experience in the business world, market demand, problems that many consumers face, or the result of product innovation that already exists.
Factors Influencing Business Opportunities
After knowing the sources that can bring up business opportunities, some factors influence the emergence of business opportunities. For this, there are two factors: internal and external.
1. Internal Factors
Internal factors are factors that come from within oneself, including:
- How much insight and knowledge do you have about business and various industries currently developing? Developing knowledge and insight can be from reading a lot of books, articles, and journals.
- It can also be from watching the news, results from education, attending courses, as well as webinars.
- Do you have experience in business or business? Usually, the richer the experience you have, the easier it will be for you to find promising new business opportunities.
- The ability to see, observe and analyze a problem, then find a solution to solve the problem.
- You also need the skill to predict important things based on current situations and conditions that are happening in society.
2. External Factors
External factors are factors that come from outside, such as:
- Results of discussions with other people led to new ideas. In this case, including suggestions, input, and advice from other people.
- Current conditions, for example, recently laid off, life needs that demand to be met, or are facing a problem.
- Many people face a problem and need a quick solution to solve it.
How to find prospective business opportunities nearby
When you want to start a new business or realize prospective opportunities, you often need help finding business opportunities with small capital. Maybe you instead choose to wait for the opportunity to come. Even though there are ways to find the right business opportunity, like the following ways:
1. Conduct Detailed and In-depth Research
To find business opportunities, you can do research first. For example, what businesses have good prospects and are needed by the community? What business promises profit? What products are selling well? Or other things.
When researching, don’t get tempted and focus too much on seasonal or viral businesses. This does not mean that this type of business is not profitable. However, you still have to see the prospect of a viral business in the future. Keep the business from running for six months, then have to close because the trend has passed.
2. Adjust Capabilities and Needs of the Surrounding Communities
Another way to find business opportunities is to look at your abilities, including the hobbies that you often do. Because don’t rule out opportunities from this hobby; it can be a profitable business.
For example, Your hobby is making various handicrafts from rattan. The products you produce are also varied and are liked by your friends on average. If you persevere, this could be a business opportunity that can bring in profits.
After you know your abilities, including certain hobbies or skills that you can do well, also find out the needs of the people around you. Then, try to find a match between the two. Can your abilities meet the needs of society?
3. Looking for Business Opportunities from your Talent
The most effective way to find business opportunities is to see the talent that exists within yourself. Sometimes, you need to realize this potential, but it is a promising business opportunity.
Just like the example in point 2, which is a hobby that becomes a business, then the hidden talent that you finally realize you can develop into something unique, not owned by anyone else so that it has the potential to make your business grow faster.
4. Collaborating With Other Businesses
Suppose you experience difficulties because you need a strategic business location. In that case, you can work with other business owners, for example, by sharing profits, profit sharing, or entrusting the process of selling your business products to them.
In other words, you can make a cooperation agreement to entrust your business products for them to market, considering that they have a strategic location to sell products.
5. Learn from the Experience of Other Entrepreneurs
The next way to find the right business opportunity is to learn from other entrepreneurs’ experiences. Please find out how they find and realize real business opportunities, including how they develop and manage a business.
As you know, an effective way to learn to do business is to learn from other people who have already run a business. From them, you can find out the strengths and weaknesses of a business, as well as innovations that must be made.
6. Find Out the Problems the Community Is Facing and Provide Solutions
Do you know that the initial idea of Gojek was born? Yes, to facilitate people’s mobility. At that time, traffic jam traps were challenging for people with high mobility. Well, Gojek is here as a solution that helps people travel quickly, buy lunch without having to leave the office, deliver documents safely, and so on.
Now, it’s your turn. Take a look and discover the needs and problems many people around you face. Then think about what kind of solution you can present to help them. A prospective business is a business that can help many people solve their problems.
7. Open Insights About Business As Wide As Possible
You can also find business opportunities by reading books or attending various entrepreneurship seminars. From the seminar, you will not only gain knowledge or insight.
But also networking, examples of business models currently developing, meeting with many other professional business people, and even having discussions with many people. This method is powerful for finding business opportunities with high prospects.
How? You already have a clear picture of how to find business opportunities. Now is the time for you to try it yourself. After reading this article, you can find the right business opportunity while also making a profit. If you have yet to find a business opportunity, you may also read the next article entitled: 10+ Promising and Easy Small Capital Business Opportunities.