Digital marketing is an effective marketing strategy to promote business in the current era of digital transformation. Why? Because implementing a digital marketing strategy on a target allows you to do promotions at a more efficient cost, doesn’t require a lot of salespeople, and can even increase business grow faster. With a note, you apply several digital marketing strategies that are relevant and effective for your business. So, what types of digital marketing strategies are effective for business promotion today? Read to the end, ok?
Types of Effective Digital Marketing Strategies
1. Social Media Optimization (SEO)
1. Social Media Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a digital marketing strategy that optimizes a website to get the best position in Google search results. The goal is to direct the audience/internet users to your business website.
For example, some people type the keyword (keywords) “nearby grilled rice depot” in the Google search box. Then, when Google displays search results, your business site appears on the first page. If the site is at the top of the search results, then the chances of the site getting clicks are great. Automatically can increase website traffic while opening opportunities for sales transactions.
What needs to be done to be able to optimize a website using SEO techniques? There are two common ways of SEO: on-page SEO and off-page SEO. In on-page SEO, optimization is done within the website itself. While on off-page SEO, optimization is done from outside the website.
On-page SEO techniques that are generally done:…
- Keyword research uses keywords that internet users often use to find relevant content for your product or business. Keywords are usually scattered throughout the article. Not spamming keywords, but using a combination of short tail keywords, long tail keywords, and LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing).
- Providing content (content marketing) that can be a solution to various problems that consumers are facing and usually they will look for solutions on search engines. For example: how does a coffee machine work? A tool that can clean between beds, and so on.
- Loading speed is done by increasing the speed of the website so that when an audience visits, the site can open quickly.
- Use of internal links (links within content) that link one content to other related/relevant content. Because it is better to provide some specific but related content than to make one long article and make the audience tired of reading it.
- Optimize the URL by including keywords in the URL or modifying the URL (the URL does not have to match the title).
Meanwhile, for the implementation of off-page SEO, several ways need to be done:
- Building a social signal or sharing by spreading content from the business website to various social media. It’s the best way to reach more new audiences across the various digital channels.
- Encourage internet users to share more content that has helped them, including links to your website from other websites.
In addition to implementing on-page SEO and off-page SEO, you also need to analyze and evaluate the results of implementing SEO strategies. To facilitate the process, use various tools, such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Semrush, Ahrefs, etc.
2. Content Marketing
Content marketing is a type of digital marketing strategy that creates and distributes quality content that can help consumers overcome the difficulties they face. With a note, the content must also be made appropriate and relevant to your business.
This content creation aims to reach more consumers, both those who have never used your product and who have already, to connect with your brand. The hope is that consumers will become involved and associated with the business to increase brand awareness and brand image.
The types of content used in content marketing can be in the form of articles, content for social media, images, photos, videos, and even infographics. For example, your business product is sports equipment. You can provide content, such as light and easy exercise tips at home. Then, recommend sports equipment that can be used to exercise at home.
To support the successful implementation of a content marketing strategy, there are several things that you need to pay attention to:
- Apply content marketing combined with SEO techniques. For example, use certain keywords to make your content more easily found in search engines.
- Share content on various social media with captivating captions and CTA (Call to Action).
- Create quality content that can arouse the emotional side of consumers so that the content will attract attention, and they may also share it in their networks.
3. Implementing Social Media Marketing according to the Target Market
You can apply social media marketing according to the target market in the following digital marketing strategy. The trick you need to regularly upload inspirational content that can help consumers meet their needs to various social media platforms that suit your target market.
If the market you want to reach is millennials and the younger generation, then maximize using TikTok and Instagram. Meanwhile, to reach professional consumers, you can use LinkedIn, for example. In addition, there are also social media platforms for novice internet users, such as Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and so on.
Implementing social media marketing does not only focus on increasing the number of followers, engagement, endorsement, and so on. However, you must also build two-way interactions with followers to create positive relationships. Remember, consumers who are satisfied with your business services and have positive experiences with a brand will be happy to share their experiences on social media.
Two important factors determine the success of this type of digital marketing strategy in the form of social media marketing, namely:
- A well-maintained interaction on social media, both in the form of discussion in the comments column, audience questions that you answer well, and the way you respond to criticism, suggestions, or customer dissatisfaction.
- Regularly perform audience analysis through insights already available on the social media platforms you use.
- Analyze competitors in the marketing process to find out what they are doing and their methods. But avoid following or duplicating the methods used by competitors.
4. Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Search engine marketing or SEM is a type of digital marketing that focuses on promoting and marketing through major search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, and so on. In its implementation, you need to have a website and a landing page for promoting and installing Google ads.
Well, in using Google ads, there are many advertising techniques that you should also learn. One of them is pay-per-click (PPC). When you advertise here, your website will be in the first position in search results, accompanied by ad posts. Of course, this position can bring clicks and increase sales. In PPC advertising, you only pay if someone clicks on your ad.
5. Email Marketing
Email marketing is a digital marketing strategy done by regularly sending emails to customers. The content of the email can be in the form of advertisements or promotions for the latest products, programs that benefit consumers, or just information and knowledge that is important for consumers to know.
The purpose of email marketing is to build a good relationship with consumers by providing helpful information, retaining existing customers, getting new customers, creating brand awareness, or promoting sales.
How to See the Effectiveness of Implemented Digital Marketing Strategies
Implementing any marketing strategy will be in vain if you don’t want to take the time to analyze and evaluate the results of the strategy you implement. To see whether or not your digital marketing strategy is effective, try using the following questions:
- Which social media has the most audience engagement?
- How do you gain insight into each piece of content?
- What kind of content on websites and social media attracts the attention of consumers?
- How is the increase in sales already happening?
- Which strategy is most effective in creating sales?
- How many users or consumers increase each month, and from which platforms do they find your business?
In addition to using the questions above, also analyze the sales report data that has occurred so far. To facilitate the sales report process, you can use a free cashier application, such as the iReap cashier application, which automatically generates a sales report every time a sales transaction occurs. After that, decide which digital marketing strategy is the most effective for you to reuse in planning promotions and marketing in the future. Good luck. It may be helpful.